Digital Media in Airports

During my Thanksgiving Break I flew home and back using Southwest Airlines. When at the airport, I had to use the Kiosk to check my bags for the flight. This time around, there was a fee if you wanted the person at the counter to do it for you. The use of computers and new technology are taking over everything nowadays it seems. Even when I was on the flight I was connected to the Southwest internet where I was able to stream movies and use iMessage. The catch was that I had to do it all through the Southwest webpage.

It seems like digital media is everywhere. I was also intrigued by Southwest's logo which is a heart made from blue, red, and yellow and separated and outlined with silver. While iterations of the logo keep the same color scheme, the logo itself changes from just a few lines, to a heart emblem, to an actual plane, and then finally back to the heart where it is today. The changes from logo to logo are representative of the time period in which they existed, yet there is still a sense of familiarity throughout the transformation.



Comments

Popular Posts