Where I See Digital Media in the World

 Since class was canceled this week because of Hurricane Ian I decided to try and spot digital media in my week off. The main one that I noticed, in my absurd amount of free time, was in video games and playing video games. Another is in the use of social media, not so much now, but definitely in the past with the use of filters and photoshop. I follow some of my friends art accounts so I see a lot of good digital media there. I love to check up on my old high school friend's art account on Instagram because she is pursuing graphic design degree back home at the University of Delaware. In addition to social media, everything that is programmed onto our phones is digital media, it is all designed with the consumer in mind.

My roommate and I escaped Hurricane Ian by heading over to my roommate's Aunt's house in West Palm Beach on the opposite coast of Florida. On our way there we stopped at Wawa and used their touch screen ordering stations to order food for our three and a half hour drive. That was only possible because of digital media (and touch screen and coding of course)! At the house we busied ourselves at night by playing the Wii and watching the new Dahmer series which is also both digital media.

I never really noticed how much digital media consumes our average day, but after writing this journal entry it's a lot more than I had expected.

Comments

Popular Posts