The Beginnings of Illustrator

 So there was no class today, but we started Adobe Illustrator and I'm not gonna lie, I am not in the swing of things. I felt like photoshop is just a lot easier for me and that Illustrator is more tedious. Obviously Illustrator is more for illustrations and not realism, which I feel like Photoshop is used for. I also have some previous experience in Illustrator, but I feel a lot more limited in what I can do. I'm also experiencing quite the artist block and cannot think of any ideas for the life of me. During the time period of the class I got around to making a porthole and the ocean beyond, but other than that I couldn't think of many ideas. 

I tried my best to use the tools that were shown in the tutorials, like the one where you draw shapes and can combine them together. I really wanted to do one where you draw something on paper and use the trace tool to turn it into a vector image. In the past with illustrator I did a lot of typography and branding, but it was not my favorite thing in the world.

Here is the first illustration I created this semester:



Comments

Popular Posts